White Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) Whole Seeds
White Lotus Seeds (Nelumbo nucifera)
The lotus is a new-water plant that grows in semi tropical atmosphere. It originated in India and was brought to other nations, ranging from China to Egypt, about two thousand years ago.
White Lotus Seeds (Nelumbo nucifera)
The lotus is a new-water plant that grows in semi tropical atmosphere. It originated in India and was brought to other nations, ranging from China to Egypt, about two thousand years ago. It is cultivated highly in Southeast Asia (largely in China), primarily for food, with much little amounts for herbal medicine. All parts of the plant are utilized, but the primary factor for its present widespread cultivation is to get the seeds and rhizomes. The full plant is harvested in end summer when the seeds have matured.
The rhizomes are food used extensively in Japan and China, sold full or in cut pieces, new, canned or frozen. They are used as vegetables, generally cooked in soups or fried. Japan is one of the primary users of the rhizomes, representing approximately 1% of all vegetables used there. Japan produces its own lotus but still has to trade in seventeen thousand tons of rhizomes lotus each year, of which gives fifteen thousand tons.
Lotus seeds have been examined to determine their nutritional worth. In hundred grams (yielding about 350 calories of power), there are 63-67 grams carbohydrate, 17-19 grams of protein, and just 1.9-2.4 grams fat, the remainder is water approximately 13%, and minerals (mainly) phosphorus, calcium, potassium, sodium). As a protein supply, lotus seeds are quite best, with a one ounce serving giving five grams. The seeds are short in fiber and not a best source of vitamins.
Dharmananda claims that lotus seeds have astringent features that have specific advantages to the kidneys, supporting to restore important energy within the body. He declares that the seeds are also used to treat sexual situations. In accordance with Chinese medicine, the neutral and sweet flavor of lotus seeds said to encourage the spleen and alleviate diarrhea. The seeds are traditionally thought to have sedative or calming features, and are therefore used to treat restlessness or insomnia. Tian claims that within Chinese medicine, heart of lotus seed or lotus embryo, advantage the heart of its cooling and bitter properties, the bitter parts are said to contain the isoquinoline alkaloids, which he declared to have calming and antispasmodic effects, which he claims can support decreasing blood pressure and help dilate blood vessels.
Health advantage and Therapeutic Uses
Lotus seeds are famous for their nutritional advantages and healing features. They are generally used in Chinese medications also in different recipes.
- The seeds have kaempferol, a flavonoid famous for its anti-inflammatory features. It is known to support the repairing of gum tissue.
- Lotus seeds have L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase, an anti-ageing enzyme. It is famous to support in repairing destroyed proteins.
- Some studies point out that lotus seeds may be used to treat different sexual conditions.
- The astringent features of lotus seeds make them advantage for the kidney. They support to regulate the power levels of the body.
- Traditionally, lotus seeds were used to treat people with sleeping problems such as insomnia.
- Lotus seeds are mostly used in Chinese medicine to relieve the issue of diarrhea. They are also used to better the health of the spleen.
- The heart of the lotus seed is famous to be advantage for the heart due to its chilling features.
- They are also famous to be useful in alleviating restiveness. This is due to calming and natural sedative effects of the seeds.
- The hostility of the seeds come from isoquinoline alkaloids which are trusted to induce a calming effect and are also anti-spasmodic in nature. They lead dilation of the blood vessels and thus support in controlling blood force levels.
- The seeds are sometimes gathered with other herbs in order to treat urinary ailments such as reproductive diseases and prostatitis. Anyway, it is suggestive to consult a doctor before using natural remedies such as lotus seeds
- Some medicinal experts trust that lotus seeds support to power the digestive procedure and reduce diarrhea.
This product is not for use by or sale to persons under the age of 18. It should not be used if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult with a physician before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications.
10 Seeds, 30 Seeds, 60 Seeds, 100 Seeds